WP Clone is the easiest, fastest and most secure way to move or copy a WordPress site to another domain or hosting server. You can also use it to move your site to/from local server hosting, to create copies of your site for development or testing purposes, to backup your site, and to install pre-configured versions of WordPress.
WP Clone is a superior solution to even commercial WordPress cloning plugins for the following reasons:
- Does not require FTP access to either the source or destination site – just install a new WordPress on the destination site, upload and activate WP Clone plugin, and follow the prompts
- It does not backup or restore the WordPress system files (just the user content and database) – reducing upload time and improving security of your site
- It fetches the site backup via your host's direct http connection, which saves you from needing to upload large files through your internet connection
Update January 2017
WP Clone fails to restore in approximately 10% of installations (particularly larger installations),
as reflected in the negative reviews. Please carefully read the section below NO SUPPORT AND DISCLAIMER before you attempt to use this plugin.
You also may use our Paid Site Transfer Service.
NO SUPPORT AND DISCLAIMER
As mentioned above, WP Clone fails in 10-20% of installations. As such it is NOT intended as a regular backup method, its strength consists in migrating WordPress installations. The failures appear to be related to the multiplicity of WordPress hosting platforms and the size of the installation rather than the WordPress version (so please don’t feedback « WP Clone does not work for my version of WordPress », this is most probably false). Do however, leave negative reviews and open a discussion on the support forum if you get a failure, providing as much detail as possible, including your hosting system and the size of your site. We will likely not be able to respond, but the information will be useful in helping to isolate the problems with the different hosting systems. Thank you.
Recommendations for using (or not) WP Clone
- NEVER overwrite an installation for which you do not have an alternate backup source (i.e. a cPanel backup). Normally you would restore onto a fresh WP installation on another host or on a subdomain. If the restore fails your destination site might become unusable, so be prepared to enter cPanel and then destroy / recreate the new installation if necessary.
- There is never an issue in damaging the source installation. So backup sites at your pleasure. If your backup succeeds it is probable that your restore will also succeed. But don’t take any chances.
- Large sites (>2GB) might take as long as an hour to backup. Sites of 250 MB or less should take no more than a minute or two, depending on your server.
- We recommend you deactivate and delete page caching, security and maybe redirection plugins and re-install them on the new site, if necessary. In general, delete all unnecessary plugins and data from your site before you backup. You can also use the « Exclude directories » option if you have large media files, which you can then copy back to the new site with FTP.
- An alternate method that should work in 99% of installations is to do a « Database Only » backup (use « Advanced Settings »), transfer the wp-content directory over with FTP, and then restore new site.
- Note also that WP Clone should NOT be used on WP Engine or any hosting system with proprietary operating system. Instead, use their built-in tools.
Vous pouvez également tester l’extension Duplicator ou All-in-One WP Migration, qui tous deux fonctionnent très bien, mais ne sont pas aussi rapides que WP Clone pour migrer des sites; ou utilisez la méthode manuelle décrite ici http://wpencyclopedia.com/enc/index.htm?moving-wordpress.htm
Although we are not able to provide support to every installation, we have spent countless hours improving the plugin and responding to user feedback.
We believe that WP Clone is far and away the easiest WordPress restoration plugin and intend to continue to develop it.
If you are able to support our efforts, use the Donations Page.
Additional documentation, including supported hosts, at the WP Clone FAQ Page
WP Clone uses functions from the « Safe Search and Replace on Database with Serialized Data » script first written by David Coveney of Interconnect IT Ltd (UK) http://www.davidcoveney.com or http://www.interconnectit.com and
released under the WTFPL http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/. Partial script with full changelog is placed inside ‘lib/files’ directory.
If you are able to help out with plugin development or wish to contribute insights into improving the product, we would also appreciate that very much. Write to email@example.com.
Page officielle : https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-clone-by-wp-academy/