This plugin allows administrators to globally disable comments on any post type (posts, pages, attachments, etc.) so that these settings cannot be overridden for individual posts. It also removes all comment-related fields from edit and quick-edit screens. On multisite installations, it can be used to disable comments on the entire network.
Additionally, comment-related items can be removed from the Dashboard, Widgets, the Admin Menu and the Admin Bar.
Important note: Use this plugin if you don’t want comments at all on your site (or on certain post types). Don’t use it if you want to selectively disable comments on individual posts – WordPress lets you do that anyway. If you don’t know how to disable comments on individual posts, there are instructions in the FAQ.
If you come across any bugs or have suggestions, please use the plugin support forum. I can’t fix it if I don’t know it’s broken! Please check the FAQ for common issues.
Want to contribute? Here’s the GitHub development repository.
A must-use version of the plugin is also available.
The plugin provides the option to completely disable the commenting feature in WordPress. When this option is selected, the following changes are made:
- All « Comments » links are hidden from the Admin Menu and Admin Bar;
- All comment-related sections (« Recent Comments », « Discussion » etc.) are hidden from the WordPress Dashboard;
- All comment-related widgets are disabled (so your theme cannot use them);
- The « Discussion » settings page is hidden;
- All comment RSS/Atom feeds are disabled (and requests for these will be redirected to the parent post);
- The X-Pingback HTTP header is removed from all pages;
- Outgoing pingbacks are disabled.
Please delete any existing comments on your site before applying this setting, otherwise (depending on your theme) those comments may still be displayed to visitors. You can use the Delete Comments tool to delete any existing comments on your site.
Some of the plugin’s behaviour can be modified by site administrators and plugin/theme developers through code:
DISABLE_COMMENTS_REMOVE_COMMENTS_TEMPLATEand set it to
falseto prevent the plugin from replacing the theme’s comment template with an empty one.
These definitions can be made either in your main
wp-config.php or in your theme’s
Page officielle : https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/disable-comments/