CMB2 is a developer’s toolkit for building metaboxes, custom fields, and forms for WordPress that will blow your mind. Easily manage meta for posts, terms, users, comments, or create custom option pages.
CMB2 is a complete rewrite of Custom Metaboxes and Fields for WordPress. To get started, please follow the examples in the included
example-functions.php file and have a look at the basic usage instructions.
You can see a list of available field types here.
Development occurs on Github, and all contributions welcome. Please read the CONTRIBUTING doc for more details.
A complete list of all our awesome contributors found here: github.com/CMB2/CMB2/graphs/contributors
- Create metaboxes to be used on post edit screens.
- Create forms to be used on an options pages.
- Create forms to handle user meta and display them on user profile add/edit pages.
- Create forms to handle term meta and display wherever your taxonomies are used.
- Flexible API that allows you to use CMB forms almost anywhere, even on the front-end.
- Several field types are included.
- Custom API hook that allows you to create your own field types.
- There are numerous hooks and filters, allowing you to modify many aspects of the library (without editing it directly).
- Repeatable fields for most field types are supported, as well as repeatable field groups.
- CMB2 is safe to bundle with any project. It will only load the newest version in the system.
- Thanks to many in the CMB2 community and to our friends at wp-translations.org, we have a good start on several translations for CMB2. Please feel free to work with wp-translations.org to provide even more!
- CMB2 documentation can be found at the CMB2 wiki on github. Also, If you’re into reading code and inline documentation, we tried to keep all functions and methods fully inline-documented.
3rd Party Resources
Custom Field Types
- CMB2 Field Type: CMB Attached Posts Field from coreymcollins:
custom_attached_posts, for attaching posts to a page.
- CMB2 Field Type: Post Search Ajax by alexis-magina:
post_search_ajaxAttach posts to each other. Same approach as CMB2 Attached Posts Field but with Ajax request, multiple/single option, and different UI.
- CMB2 Field Type: CMB2 Post Search field:
post_search_textadds a post-search dialog for searching/attaching other post IDs.
- CMB2 Field Type: CMB2 User Search field from Mte90:
user_search_textadds a user-search dialog for searching/attaching other User IDs.
pw_mapfield stores the latitude/longitude values which you can then use to display a map in your theme.
pw_select fieldacts much like the default select field. However, it adds typeahead-style search allowing you to quickly make a selection from a large list
pw_multiselectfield allows you to select multiple values with typeahead-style search. The values can be dragged and dropped to reorder
- WDS CMB2 Date Range Field from dustyf of WebDevStudios: Adds a date range field.
- CMB2 Remote Image Select from JayWood of WebDevStudios: Allows users to enter a URL in a text field and select a single image for use in post meta. Similar to Facebook’s featured image selector.
- CMB Field Type: Sorter: This plugin gives you two CMB field types based on the Sorter script.
- CMB Field Type: Tags: WordPress-Tags-like field type for CMB2. note: this does not set the post tags, but simply provides a unique text input
- CMB Field Type: Link Picker: Using the Link Picker for CMB2 control, you can choose a link from your WordPress site, or manually enter a link. You can also identify if the link should open in a new window, or not.
- CMB Field Type: MultidatesPicker: Creates a CMB2 field type that enables a multiple date calendar. It uses a plugin called MultiDatesPicker v1.6.3 for jQuery UI.
- CMB Field Type: CMB2-radio-image: Image as radio buttons.
- CMB2 Term Select: Special CMB2 Field that allows users to define an autocomplete text field for terms. Note: this will set the taxonomy terms, but has the option (
'apply_term' => false) to disable and save the term ids as data instead (like for options pages, etc).
- CMB2 Related Links: Allows users to add a related links via a repeating field group. Field inputs are powered by the CMB2 Field Type: CMB2 Post Search field documented above, and so each link can be populated with existing WordPress content by clicking on the search button. Note: this is not a standard field type, but instead a function you use in combination with CMB2::add_field().
- CMB2 Field Type: Order by rubengc: Allows users to define custom order of predefined options.
- CMB2 Field Type: Animation by rubengc: Allows users to pickup an animation from Animate.css (includes preview of chosen animation).
- CMB2 Field Type: Ajax Search by rubengc: Based on CMB2 Field Type: Post Search Ajax, adds the ability to attach posts/users/terms, and the ability to limit the maximum number of attached objects.
- CMB2 Field Type: Visual Style Editor by rubengc: Custom field for CMB2 which allows customizing style from a small set of controls.
- CMB2 Field Type: CMB2 Roadway Segments by pixelwatt: This plugin adds a new CMB2 fieldtype for drawing roadway segments onto a map and provides a shortcode for display.
Other Helpful Resources
- WordPress Shortcode Button: Uses CMB2 fields to generate fields for shortcode input modals.
- WDS-Simple-Page-Builder: Uses existing template parts in the currently-active theme to build a customized page with rearrangeable elements. Built with CMB2.
- CMB2 Example Theme: Demonstrate how to include CMB2 in your theme, as well as some cool tips and tricks.
- facetwp-cmb2: FacetWP integration with CMB2.
- CMB2-grid from origgami: A grid system for WordPress CMB2 library that allows the creation of columns for a better layout in the admin.
- CMB2 Metatabs Options from rogerlos: CMO makes it easy to create options pages with multiple metaboxes–and optional WordPress admin tabs.
- CMB2 Conditionals from jcchavezs: Allows developers to relate fields so the display of one is conditional on the value of another.
- CMB2 Metabox Code Generator from willthemoor: Skip the boring bits. Use this generator to create fully functional CMB2 metaboxes easily. Now with bulk entry!
- Caldera Metaplate by CalderaWP: Not specific to CMB2, but allows creating templates for outputting your custom fields.
- Yoast CMB2 Field Analysis WP Plugin by alexis-magina: This plugin adds in a js based method of recalculating Yoast SEO’s content scores when updating page content, specifically custom meta fields added via the CMB2 library.
- Metabox containing WYSIWYG editor cannot be moved or used in a repeatable way at this time (this is a TinyMCE issue).
- Not all fields work well in a repeatable group.
Page officielle : https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/cmb2/